How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15738
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid half of what I owe to the IRS, will I be getting a bill

Customer Question

I paid half of what I owe to the IRS, will I be getting a bill for the second half? My son who is in college is filling out his FASA and can't finish due to the fact that I still owe
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello,If you sent half your balance due when you filed, the IRS will send you a notice to remind you of the remaining amount. They will also include a form 9465 and explain that you can set up installments for the remaining amount.You do not have to wait for the notice. If you have the funds now you can make the payment by either mailing a check (use a 1040V to send with the check) or you can go online through IRS payments.