How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15732
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We received refund a federal tax notice that my husband and i owe taxe

Customer Question

We received refund a federal tax notice that my husband and i owe taxes from 2013 for a refund that we should have received from Fund 1, Independent Foreclosure for $3750.00 We owned a home in Louisville that was a Short sale, but we moved twice before the check was issued and we did not receive the money. How can I contact theis company to either get the money or for them to contact the IRS and tell them we don't owe the taxes
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello,It is doubtful that the issuer would change their reporting of the amount to the IRS. They could only do that if they had made a mistake not that the check was lost.How you can contact the company depends on who the company is that issued the check. You can call 1-***-***-**** Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–8 p.m. ET or Saturday, 11 a.m.–4 p.m. ET to discuss the change of address process.Depending on the mortgage servicer, you may just need to call the above to advise of your address change.All initial checks for the 15 mortgage servicers who reached the Agreement in 2013 have been mailed. The paying agent has made re-mail attempts to all borrowers who have not cashed their checks and will make one additional re-mail attempt by the end of February 2015 for all servicers except GMAC Mortgage and EverBank/Everhome. Re-mail attempts for GMAC Mortgage borrowers who have not cashed their checks are expected to mail by May 2015. EverBank borrowers were sent payment checks from the EverBank Paying Agent, Epiq Systems. Borrowers who had a mortgage loan with EverBank/EverHome should contact Epiq Systems at 1-***-***-****.