Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

i am total and permanat disabled do i have to pay on my ltd

Customer Question
benifits also if i take...
i am total and permanat disabled do i have to pay on my ltd benifits also if i take lump sum pension do i have to pay taxes
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Tax
11/16/2013
Tax Professional: Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 years ago
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Megan C :

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to help you

Megan C :

How are you doing tonight?

Megan C :

Whether or not you pay tax on the LTD benefits depends on how the premiums for the policy were paid

Megan C :

If the policy was provided by an employer, it's taxable.

Megan C :

However, if you paid for the policy with after tax money, the benefits are not taxable.

Megan C :

Also, a lump sum pension benefit is also taxable.

Megan C :

Pension benefits are taxable the year that you receive the funds.

Megan C :

You can read about the taxation of pension benefits, HERE

Megan C :

Do you have any further questions?

Megan C :

If no further questions, please rate positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.