Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

are loaner car expenses that will be reimbursed by a third

are loaner car expenses that will be reimbursed by a third party warranty company subject to sales tax in georgia

Lev :

Hi and welcome to our site!
For leases of a motor vehicle for longer than 31 consecutive days, the gross monthly lease charge is exempt from sales and use tax.
If the loaner car is provided for the period of 31 days or less - charges are subject of sales tax in Georgia.
The transfer of possession or control of a motor vehicle for a term lasting 31 consecutive days or fewer is considered "rental" . Rental charges are subject to sales and use tax based upon the county where the motor vehicle is to be registered. For rentals, the tax is computed on the gross rental charge.
The fact that expenses will be reimbursed is irrelevant - because sales tax is charges on rental cost not on reimbursement.
See for reference
- http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/DealerSection/forms/pdf/MV_%20Dealer_Tax_Guide_2013.pdf

Customer:

Please give me just a few minutes

Lev :

Sure - take your time.

Customer:

This really seems to answer our question. Now, and this is important, can you send this to my email address? Or can I access this answer some other way tomorrow at work? I do not have a printer at home.

Lev :

Please be aware that experts do not have access to your personal information and are not allowed to send emails.
You may later copy - paste that page and save on your local computer.
you may come back to this page later if needed.
Here is the address - http://www.justanswer.com/tax/840cf-loaner-car-expenses-will-reimbursed-third.html

Customer:

Thank you! Just did that and believe it will work just fine for my purposes. We will have a "corporate" person check out, but I needed an answer for this month's return. And "corporate" can take awhile.

Lev :

I am glad to be helpful.
Please take a moment to rate my work so I would be credited.
If you will have additional questions tomorrow - you are welcome to this page and I will do my best to address all your concerns.

Customer:

Is there anything else I need to do? You, and the service, will receive an excellent from me! Thank you again.

Lev :

Please take a moment to rate my work - that all if you do need any clarification this time.
But you are welcome back if needed.