Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What would disqualify someone from becoming an enrolled agent? IE:

What would disqualify someone from...
What would disqualify someone from becoming an enrolled agent?
IE: successful completion of a chapter 13 (Taxes were not involved)
10/24/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

Filing for bankruptcy would not disqualify you from becoming an enrolled agent, although failure to timely file and pay taxes would

Customer:

Good,

Megan C :

Did you have any further questions?

Customer:

I have never had a tax lien. I have had a couple of installment plans in the past but successfully completed them

Megan C :

So long as you have no outstanding tax liabilities and you have filed all your returns, you should be good

Megan C :

Having an installment plan would not prevent you either, but it would make the process a little more difficult and uncertain

Customer:

It have been some time since I have had the installment plans

Megan C :

You should be fine, then

Customer:

Do you know what the turn around time in once you filed form 23 considering the recent shutdown?

Megan C :

I don't know what the turnaround time is now that there has been the shutdown. I would imagine there would be some delays because of that

Customer:

Thank you for your help.

Megan C :

You're welcome.

Megan C :

If you would, please take a moment to rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks so much for your positive rating. Please come back and see me any time you have a question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

Thank you for your help. I put a lot of time in studying for those exams. I would hate to have something derail me now. I do workouts for financially challenged companies and this is an natural extension of what I do.

That's so great! I'm sure you will do just fine. This will be another great addition to your career. I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you again.

Your answers are reassuring. Now I just have to wait.

Kindest regards,

Steve

I'm glad I could help and again if you ever need anything else please contact me. It was a pleasure working with you today. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks again

Megan