How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have operated a 501(c)(3) corporation, an organization that

This answer was rated:

I have operated a 501(c)(3) corporation, an organization that operates a media museum, for 13 years. I supplied copies of media to a commercial firm, and a invoice for services. The payment is small, $150. The firm wants a W9. There doesn't appear to be a place on the W9 to indicate non-profit status. What's the proper way to provide the form?

Lev :

Hi and welcome to our site!

Lev :

There should not be much difference.
Provide the employer identification number (EIN) of your 501c3 corporation in the “Taxpayer Identification Number” section.
Provide the name in the name section.
Check the box "Other" and write "501c3 corporation" on that line.


OK... that's what I was going to do, but I appreciate the confirmation. Thanks.

Lev and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions