Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have operated a 501(c)(3) corporation, an organization that

operates a media museum...
I have operated a 501(c)(3) corporation, an organization that operates a media museum, for 13 years. I supplied copies of media to a commercial firm, and a invoice for services. The payment is small, $150. The firm wants a W9. There doesn't appear to be a place on the W9 to indicate non-profit status. What's the proper way to provide the form?
10/24/2013
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Lev :

Hi and welcome to our site!

Lev :

There should not be much difference.
Provide the employer identification number (EIN) of your 501c3 corporation in the “Taxpayer Identification Number” section.
Provide the name in the name section.
Check the box "Other" and write "501c3 corporation" on that line.

Customer:

OK... that's what I was going to do, but I appreciate the confirmation. Thanks.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor