Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How can we get a summary of all charges, interest, etc. plus

monthly payments, plus a one...
How can we get a summary of all charges, interest, etc. plus monthly payments, plus a one time pymt of $10,000, plus all tax refunds since 2006 from the IRS. We have requested a summary several times and nothing if forhcoming. We believe that they may not be crediting the tax refunds for the last six years to the acct. and one guy told us he did not see a payment of 10-K. Maybe he didn't look far enough? We have been dealing with this since 2005 and they say we still owe 20K. Thanks so much
10/22/2013
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

You should contact the IRS and request copies of "Account Transcript" and/or "Record of Account" for the tax years in question. These reports will detail the activity in your account. It is unlikely that a $10K payment does not appear. It may be held in suspense or applied to a different year. If there is no record in the IRS system, you may need to get a copy of the check to show proof of payment.

If you are able to acquire these reports directly, a tax professional can assess the information as long as you provide them with a Power of Attorney.
MequonCPA
MequonCPA
MequonCPA