How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can we get a summary of all charges, interest, etc. plus

This answer was rated:

How can we get a summary of all charges, interest, etc. plus monthly payments, plus a one time pymt of $10,000, plus all tax refunds since 2006 from the IRS. We have requested a summary several times and nothing if forhcoming. We believe that they may not be crediting the tax refunds for the last six years to the acct. and one guy told us he did not see a payment of 10-K. Maybe he didn't look far enough? We have been dealing with this since 2005 and they say we still owe 20K. Thanks so much
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

You should contact the IRS and request copies of "Account Transcript" and/or "Record of Account" for the tax years in question. These reports will detail the activity in your account. It is unlikely that a $10K payment does not appear. It may be held in suspense or applied to a different year. If there is no record in the IRS system, you may need to get a copy of the check to show proof of payment.

If you are able to acquire these reports directly, a tax professional can assess the information as long as you provide them with a Power of Attorney.
MequonCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you