How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taxmanrog Your Own Question
taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 712
Experience:  Licensed CPA, MA, MST with 31 years' experience. Teach Accounting and Tax courses at Masters level.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
taxmanrog is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

One of our Mexican subsidiaries, 100% owned by the US sub,

This answer was rated:

One of our Mexican subsidiaries, 100% owned by the US sub, has a permanent establishment (PE) in the US this year, and is going to generate income, with potential USD1.5M tax. What tax form(s) we should file for this year to the IRS? 1120F?
Welcome to Just Answers! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

The Mexican subsidiary has to file its own Form 1120-F, reporting the income and expenses earned in the US.

On your US tax return, you still have to file a Form 5471, reporting the Mexican subsidiary. You also now have to track the income that has been taxed in the US on the Mexican side. It is what they refer to as PTI - Previously Taxed Income. When the Mexican subsidiary pays a dividend to the US company, part of it will be US-sourced and be previously taxed income, so you won't pay tax on it again.

I hope this answers your questions! If you have any more please let me know.

Thanks again!

taxmanrog and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you