Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What states have no taxes? could they have county or individual

city taxes?...
What states have no taxes? could they have county or individual city taxes?
10/17/2013
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant

Welcome to Just Answer,

Alaska, Nevada, Washington, Wyoming, South Dakota, Tennessess, Texas, New Hampshire, and Florida all have no income taxes. Some cities and counties do have income taxes, but these states don't. Please let me know if you have any questions before you rate my answer. A positive rating is what I strive for. Regards Dave
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant

what qualifies a person as a florida resident for tax free status?

Thanks for your response. It's really fairly simple.

You are considered a Florida resident ...

when your true, fixed, and permanent home and principal establishment is in Florida. Filing a declaration of domicile, qualifying for homestead exemption, or registering to vote in Florida can establish residency. Other actions, such as obtaining a Florida driver's license, only indicate an intent to establish residency.

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/forms/2013/gt800025.pdf

Let me know if you need anything else before you rate my answer. Regards Dave

Dave CPA
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant