How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3453
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, Im currently on an installment agreement for last

This answer was rated:


I'm currently on an installment agreement for last year's taxes. I just filed my 2012 return and I owe another huge bill. I'm going to need to roll that into my current installment agreement. What happens from here?
Welcome. Thank you for choosing us to assist you. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to help make your life, a little... less taxing.

Q: What happens from here?

A: You contact the IRS (1-800-829-1040) and request to be placed on an installment agreement including the additional amount of taxes owed. In most cases, when there is no other way for a taxpayer to pay what is owed, the IRS will revise the current installment agreement plan to reflect the added new amount. Note that while the government is still trying to work out things, you may not be able to reach anyone at the IRS in a timely manner. However, I suggest calling them as soon as you can, and when they are available and requesting a new installment agreement plan.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

As we know that you have choices, we thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will they agree, even if the bill is large?

The IRS deals with these matters on a case by case basis. Whether they will agree to revise your agreement or not depends on your ability to pay what is owed. They have revised installment agreements even when the taxpayer owes more money. I cannot give you a definitive answer in your case, but it has been done in the past.
Tax.appeal.168 and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you