Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What do I fill in field 27a of CT 1040 NR/PY in TT. The instructions

Customer Question
in TT or CT-DRS here...
What do I fill in field 27a of CT 1040 NR/PY in TT. The instructions in TT or CT-DRS here http://www.ct.gov/drs/lib/drs/forms/2011forms/incometax/ct-1040nrpybooklet.pdf are not clear.

This is a TT related question. Please don't respond if you are not familiar with TT.

Thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Tax
10/15/2013
Tax Professional: jgordosea, Enrolled Agent replied 4 years ago
jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Greetings,

CT 1040 NR/PY line 27a is for the type of account that the CT refund will be deposited labeled as Acct Type

On the form there is a blank to check next to either

___ Checking

___ Savings

This gets filled when you elected direct deposit of your state refund on Part V of the Connecticut Information Worksheet chose the account type in Bank Information and you have a net refund.

As always, please ask if you need more discussion or clarification.
Thank you.

jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Hello again,

I misspoke slightly - the blank is for Y or n and not for a check.

When the direct deposit of your state refund on Part V of the Connecticut Information Worksheet chose the account type in Bank Information and you have a net refund the program does not check either Checking or Savings but puts Y in one and N in the other.

Hope that clarifies for you.
Please write if you need more help
Best wishes.

I worked thru the worksheet and it put Y and N in the appropriate field. It is a bug in T T and needs to be explained bettet. I did go as far as YES and NO but did not figure it needed Y and N.
Glad I could help you get it done.
Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.
jgordosea
jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent