Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Hi Megan, You mentioned the insolvency issue with respect

Hi Megan, You mentioned the insolvency...
Hi Megan,

You mentioned the insolvency issue with respect to a 1099-C. Is that insolvency statement supposed to include the mortgage liability and real estate asset for the very property that received the 1099-C in the first place?
10/11/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

Yes, the insolvency is listed right before the debt was forgiven, so it will include the debt on that property as a liability and the house as an asset

Megan C :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Customer:

No, sorry to bother you. Thank you very much.

Megan C :

You're not bothering me at all!!

Megan C :

Please come back with any question you may have. That's what I'm here for!

Megan C :

:-)

Megan C :

Before stepping out, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks, Susan for your positive rating and generous bonus. If I can be of any additional assistance, please continue to ask for me directly. Also, you may receive a short survey in a couple of days - your positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist with rankings on the site. Thanks again!