Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Hi,I already got an extension on my personal tax until

Hi, I already got an extension...

I already got an extension on my personal tax until Oct. 15th. However, I may need further time. Am I allowed another extension?

Thanks
10/11/2013
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Robin D. :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 15 years of experience.

Customer:

Hello

Robin D. :

Unfortunately the extension you requested would be the only one allowed.

Robin D. :

Hi

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX is the absolute latest deadline?

Robin D. :

Yes it is to file on time.

Customer:

Otherwise, there would be a penalty?

Robin D. :

Of course you would have 3 years to file and still request a refiund

Robin D. :

There would be a penalty if you have a balance due

Robin D. :

Normally there is no penalty if you file late and do not owe.

Robin D. :

When you filed the extension did you pay any tax due?

Customer:

I'm not owed a refund. I owe money

Robin D. :

Customer:

I didn't, no

Robin D. :

The extension only extended your time to file so if you did not pay by April then you will have a penalty for not paying on time.

Customer:

so would I get a further penalty by not filing on Tuesday?

Robin D. :

Yes.

Customer:

I see, ok thank you for your help

Robin D. :

You will not want to miss your deadline and the interest and penalties will apply. The interest will be computed from April till you pay.

Robin D. :

You are most welcome.
Your positive rating is always thanks enough.

Robin D. :

Did you have another question about the extension before you complete and rate?

Robin D. :

I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question.
You most likely are familiar with the system by now but, you will find the request feature when you come back under your MY QUESTIONS section.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4