Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do I find out an old business tax number to prove I had

a business?...
How do I find out an old business tax number to prove I had a business?
10/8/2013
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Lev :

Hi and welcome to our site!
My assumption that you are looking for an EIN (Employer Identification Number).
If you filed tax returns - that EIN must be on these tax returns. If you do not have any tax documents - you need to contact the IRS.

The IRS Form CP575 is the IRS generated letter you receive from the IRS granting your Employer Identification Number.

For copy you need contact IRS via the phone. Call 1-800-829-4933 from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Actualy - the IRS will not re-issue or provide a copy of the CP-575 Letter. If you lost your original letter and need to confirm your EIN - the IRS will send you the letter 147-C that may be used when you are asked for the CP-575 Letter.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this works.

Customer:

I really need to show I ran a business before, years ago.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor