How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29574
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I find out an old business tax number to prove I had

This answer was rated:

How do I find out an old business tax number to prove I had a business?

Lev :

Hi and welcome to our site!
My assumption that you are looking for an EIN (Employer Identification Number).
If you filed tax returns - that EIN must be on these tax returns. If you do not have any tax documents - you need to contact the IRS.

The IRS Form CP575 is the IRS generated letter you receive from the IRS granting your Employer Identification Number.

For copy you need contact IRS via the phone. Call 1-800-829-4933 from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Actualy - the IRS will not re-issue or provide a copy of the CP-575 Letter. If you lost your original letter and need to confirm your EIN - the IRS will send you the letter 147-C that may be used when you are asked for the CP-575 Letter.


Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this works.


I really need to show I ran a business before, years ago.

Lev and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions