Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

Does a Delaware LLC having a bank account in California is

Customer Question

Does a Delaware LLC having a bank account in California is considered doing business in California state. The LLC is owned by a non resident alien and I have come across some articles on internet stating that I should avoid having bank account in California for a Delaware LLC because of that particular reason.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 4 years ago.

Welcome. My name is Barbara, and it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.

Under Cal. Corp. Code Sec. 191, having a bank account in California does not constitute doing business in California, and is considered to fall under one of the "safe harbors." A complete list of the activities that do not constitute doing business in California, please see the following:

http://law.onecle.com/california/corporations/191.html

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Clark.

Just a short note to see if you have any further questions. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Clark.

Just a short note to follow up with you to see if you were able to view my answer and if you have any questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here.

Thank you and best regards,
Barb