Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

doesmy social security number serve as my pin for filing a

1099msc?...
doesmy social security number serve as my pin for filing a 1099msc?
10/1/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

Are you trying to file a 1099 electronically?

Megan C :

Typically, your social security number will not be your PIN number used when efiling tax forms.

Megan C :

You have a separate PIN number, and typically you set that up.

Megan C :

If you don't know your pin, you can call 1-800-829-1040 and they will assist you in locating your PIN number.

Megan C :

Do you have any further questions? If not, please reply and let me know if I have provided you with excellent service today

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer