Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

IS THERE A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON PAST DUE PHILA CITY WAGE

TAXES?...
IS THERE A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON PAST DUE PHILA CITY WAGE TAXES?
9/27/2013
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Robin D. :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 15 years of experience.

Robin D. :

Although the city has a 6 year statute of limitations on assessing tax it does not have a statute of limitations on collecting wage tax. This would mean that if the wage tax was not paid or filed the city could go back even 10 years and request the tax, unfortunately.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4