How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillip B, EA Your Own Question
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 704
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Phillip B, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

NJ S Corporation Election I am going to fill out CBT-2533

This answer was rated:

NJ S Corporation Election

I am going to fill out CBT-2533 now.

How to fill out Election Information?
"NJ S Corp or NJ QSSS election is to be effective for tax year beginning _ _ _ ending _ _ _"

I have elected Federal election in 2011 and I have reported my first state corp return in 2012.

1) This corp is a PA corp.
2) This corp made business in NJ for 2012
3) I have reported Corp tax return and received notice for submitting CBT2553.
4) Corp is taking Calendar year.

Thank so much.
Thanks for using! I will do my best to provide you with a clear and concise answer to your tax question based on the information that you have provided.

Assuming you filed a 2011 NJ S-Corp return in 2012, you would make the election to treated as a NJ S-Corp "For tax year beginning 1/1/2011 and ending 12/31/2011". If the first NJ return was for 2012, the dates need to be 1/12012 and 12/31/2012.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please reply to my answer so that I may assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent Service so that I may receive credit for my work. Thanks for your business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your response.


In addition, how to fill out Part II shareholder's Consent Statement.


All shareholder are PA residents.


1) I have fill out Part II or provide a separated sheet with address.


Thank you.

Part II Shareholders' Consent Statement needs to be filled out for all shareholders regardless of whether the shareholders are NJ residents.

To fill the form out, provide the requested information with a address sheet attachment.

Let me know if this helps.
Phillip B, EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you