How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16579
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Company stated an new entity in 2012. Filed for S-Corp status,

This answer was rated:

Company stated an new entity in 2012. Filed for S-Corp status, it was granted. So 2012 will be the initial return year. However, the company never got off the ground. No activity was taken other than to set up the company, bank account, corporate kit. Now the owner states nothing will be continued with this business. Can we make the return, initial AND final on the same year? Or should we file a return at all? How to handle?
Thank you.

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

Since it's an S Corp you will need to file a return. The first return can be its final return...that's okay


Great. Thank you.

Megan C :

Thanks so much

Megan C and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you