Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a large capital gain this year. Does the $72,000 taxable

income limit for the zero...
I have a large capital gain this year. Does the $72,000 taxable income limit for the zero percent tax bracket include the gain?

Ferdinand
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2013
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Robin D. :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 15 years of experience.

Robin D. :

Unfortunately, yes. Gross income includes both earned income (salary, wages, tips, commissions, bonuses, unemployment benefits and sick pay) and unearned income dividends, interest, and the profit you make when you sell an investment -- your capital gain).

Robin D. :

My goal is to give you excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic request me again.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4