How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am expecting a large sum of money from Hungary. It will be

This answer was rated:

I am expecting a large sum of money from Hungary. It will be deposited directly into my bank account from a bank in Hungary. What are the income tax rules on something like this? Also is there a limit to the amount of money that can be transferred in one day from a foreign country?
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

You haven't stated where the funds are coming from. If this is a gift, there is no tax to pay. However, you are required to report receipt of gifts in excess of $100K on Form 3520 (link to form and instructions below). All gifts received within a calendar year would be combined.
MequonCPA and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

Hi Altha -

You're welcome. Glad I could help.