Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am expecting a large sum of money from Hungary. It will be

deposited directly into my bank...
I am expecting a large sum of money from Hungary. It will be deposited directly into my bank account from a bank in Hungary. What are the income tax rules on something like this? Also is there a limit to the amount of money that can be transferred in one day from a foreign country?
9/11/2013
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

You haven't stated where the funds are coming from. If this is a gift, there is no tax to pay. However, you are required to report receipt of gifts in excess of $100K on Form 3520 (link to form and instructions below). All gifts received within a calendar year would be combined.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3520.pdf

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i3520.pdf
MequonCPA

Thank you!

Hi Altha -

You're welcome. Glad I could help.
MequonCPA
MequonCPA