Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

can you actually file a late tax (2011) online or do you need

to print and send in...
can you actually file a late tax (2011) online or do you need to print and send in hte hard copy.
9/10/2013
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Lev :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

Customer:

hi

Lev :

You need to mail your tax return. The IRS currently doesn't accept tax returns for previous years - but they plan to implement e-filing for most tax returns - including those for previous years and amended returns.

Lev :

Currently - you need to main your paper tax return and may expect longer processing time.

Customer:

That's what I thought so all the late filing businesses online is to just do the calculations but not actually file

Lev :

That is correct - you may prepare tax forms online or using a tax preparation software installed on your computer - but may not e-file 2011 tax return.

Customer:

great. much aappreciated. Great service.

Lev :

Let me know if you need address for mailing.

Customer:

I think I have it but it wouldn't hurt to get it again

Lev :

Please indicate the tax form you are filing?

Customer:

1040

Lev :

The address is found in instructions - see last page - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/i1040--2011.pdf

Customer:

thanks again. going to sign off

Lev :

For Maryland - if you are enclosing a payment - Internal Revenue Service

P.O. BoxNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

fantastic. have a great day

Lev :

With no payment - use - Department of the Treasury

Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MONNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Lev :

You may come back later if you need any help.

Customer:

cool this is great thanks. don

Lev :

You are welcome.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor