Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

WHAT WILL MY TAX BE IF I MAKE $13.00 AN HOUR? I AM A RETIRED

WHAT WILL MY TAX BE...
WHAT WILL MY TAX BE IF I MAKE $13.00 AN HOUR?

I AM A RETIRED SENIOR,IF I PAY INTO SOCIAL SECURITY WHILE

WORKING,WILLTHIS INCREASE MY MONTYLY SOCIAL SECURITY

CHECK?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

MyVirtualCPA :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

MyVirtualCPA :

How many hours do you work per week?

Customer:

20HOURS

MyVirtualCPA :

Okay and how much do you earn for social security

Customer:

1489

MyVirtualCPA :

Okay ... you will earn a little over $13,000 per year from work

Customer:

WHAT ARE TAXES AND S/S WITHELD

MyVirtualCPA :

Your annual tax at the end of the year will be about $375

MyVirtualCPA :

and your social security tax will be about $1,000

Customer:

WILL MY S/S CHECK INCREASE?

MyVirtualCPA :

If your earnings are one of your top 30 years of earnings then yes

MyVirtualCPA :

If you earned more during the top 30 years of your career, then no

Thank you John for your positive rating and the bonus. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In a couple of days you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on this survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist me with my rankings on the site.

Thanks again and have a great night.