How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29651
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client with a sub-chapter S Corporation that stop

This answer was rated:

I have a client with a sub-chapter S Corporation that stop operating in September 2012. The corporation hasn't been officially dissolved yet. Can he mark the 2012 return as the final or must the final be after the corporation is dissolved.

Lev : Hi and welcome to Just Answer! As long as there is NO business operations and all assets are distributed - you may file a final tax return.
Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Please be aware that after filing the final tax return - the tax ID assigned to the corporation may not be used.
After filing the final tax return S-corporation has NO assets and performs NO business operation.
It may not have a bank account and may not receive any money.