How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a company, license (not franchise) my stores out to IBOs,

This answer was rated:

I own a company, license (not franchise) my stores out to IBO's, I get a kickback/rebate check from my food provider for every pound of meats purchased by the independent business owners. However, at the end of the year I do not receive a 1099 or any other tax form from the vendor company. Do I have to declare the money as income?

MyVirtualCPA :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

Any income that you receive is subject to income tax.


but they don't send me a form or anything.

MyVirtualCPA :

It doesn't matter if they send a form or not

Megan C and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you, Chris for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.