Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

ARE THE TRUST AGENCY FEES SUBJECT TO THE 2% FLOOR ON FORM 1041

ARE THE TRUST AGENCY FEES SUBJECT TO THE 2% FLOOR ON FORM 1041 WHEN THE TRUST AGENCY HANDLES THE INVESTMENTS.

MyVirtualCPA :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

Trust investment advisory fees are subject to the 2% floor on the 1041 under section 67(a)

MyVirtualCPA :

So yes, these would be subject to the 2% floor.

MyVirtualCPA :

You can read more about this, here: http://www.mcguirewoods.com/news-resources/publications/taxation/trusts.pdf

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If there's nothing else I can assist you with today, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thank you for the positive rating. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer. For the quickest service, please post a new question.