How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15203
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am working for a client remotely in Florida, the parent company

This answer was rated:

I am working for a client remotely in Florida, the parent company is in Wisconsin, I am physically sitting in Texas. The question is charging tax on the labor when I invoice them? Do I charge the tax on the labor, and if so which rate from which state do i use?

Robin D. :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
As you are in Texas that is the state that is used for any charge. If you need to charge sales tax on the service you provide depends on the service itself. Some are required for sales tax.

A company engaged in business in Texas that provides a taxable service in this state is required to obtain a sales tax permit and to collect state and local sales and use tax.
Generally, tax is due on the entire amount charged for a taxable service, including items such as labor, materials and mileage charges, even if separately stated.

Robin D. :

You can use this publication

to see if your service is a taxable service in Texas.

Robin D. :

My goal is to give you excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic request me again.


Robin D. and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you