Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

May I submit a 2009 W-4 to change my number of allowances,

or must it be 2013...
May I submit a 2009 W-4 to change my number of allowances, or must it be 2013? Also, I filed my 2012 taxes August 5, electronically. The website says my refund was x$ - minus y $ for back taxes owed and that it was approved. It said refund should be sent by 8/23. Now it says info not available. Where is it in the process?
8/24/2013
DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

DanielleCPA :

Welcome and thanks for your question!

DanielleCPA :

I would recommend using the 2013 W-4 instead of the 2009. Although if the 2009 is the only form readily available to you, then it would be ok to use the 2009 form, but be aware that the dollar amounts on the form will not be accurate.

DanielleCPA :

As far as your tax return status, I cannot provide you with an update on that.

DanielleCPA :

I would try accessing the status online tomorrow (maybe there is glitch in the system tonight). If you still aren't able to obtain information on the status, I recommend that you call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. Their agents should be able to provide you with a better status update of your return.

DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA