Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Good morning, I would like to know where I could find corporate

taxes for a company based...
Good morning, I would like to know where I could find corporate taxes for a company based in Frankfurt.
I know that in Germany corporate tax rate is 15% with a surcchage of 5.5% (solidarity levy) which makes 15.825% . However this need to add trade tax (which varies from region and I am not able to find for Frankfurt area). Could someone help me , please?
8/22/2013
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

Anne :

Good morning to you too

Anne :

I did find this that states that the multiplier is 450%

Anne :

460%

Anne :

sorry

Anne :

I found that number here:

Anne :

https://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=4615&_ffmpar[_id_inhalt]=4733002

Anne :

Is this what you were looking for?

Customer:

well, not exactly, I would like to know how much is the corporate tax in Frankfurt and how is calculated

Customer:

I guess in Germany 15%+solidarity = 15.825% but how can I know the add trade tax for Frankfurt?

Customer:

I guess it depends on the German area it is between 7% and 17.1%

Customer:

but I do not know how to get it

Anne :

I'm still looking....do you mind waiting a few minutes?

Customer:

I do not mind if I know the answer , where I can find the info (in English) and how to calculate it

Anne :

According to my research, the trade tax is usually between 300 & 400%, but can't be below 200%

Anne :

I found this at the following web site

Anne :

http://www.gtai.de/GTAI/Navigation/EN/Invest/Investment-guide/The-tax-system/Company-taxation/trade-tax.html#7046

Anne :

So I think the 460% I gave you is the trade tax multiplier

Customer:

Ok I see is 460%*3.5%

Customer:

right?

Anne :

yes

Customer:

Where I can see that for Frankfurt is 460%?

Anne :

It was the botXXXXX XXXXXne on the first link I sent you

Customer:

ok I get it, just the final question to understand final rates

Customer:

I get the trade tax but if corporate tax is 15% with a surchage of 5.5% (solidarity levy) I am having an email in my company which says it is 15.825%

Customer:

I am having right now for Frankfurt:

Customer:

15%+5.5%+3.5%*460%

Anne :

The botXXXXX XXXXXne of the 2nd link states "The solidarity surcharge is NOT levied on trade tax."

Customer:

If you explain to me how to calculate it I will be completely satisfied

Customer:

I do not know how to interpretate that

Anne :

I'm working on that one myself

Anne :

not easy

Customer:

I think I have

Anne :

I understand the theory..........

Customer:

but there is only one thing missing where can I find the solidarity levy?

Customer:

I think calculations are :15%*1.055%+3.5%*460%

Anne :

that follows my theory

Customer:

could you explain to me the theory and provide me a link where I can find the solidarity levy and that will be all I promise

Anne :

there is no solidarity levy on the trade tax, and you stated earlier that your solidarity 5.5%

Customer:

someone provided me that figure long time ago but where I can find that?

Anne :

ahhhh I see

Anne :

let me check for you

Customer:

no problem I should have explained to you better

Anne :

Individual Income Taxes
In 2009 an income of less than –≤–Р–£вАУвА†7,834 is tax-free for a single person (–≤–Р–£вАУвА†15,668 for a married couple). Incomes up to –≤–Р–£вАУвА†52,152 for a single person (–≤–Р–£вАУвА†104,304 for a couple) are then taxed with a rate progressively increasing from 15% to 42%. Incomes over –≤–Р–£вАУвА†52,152 (–≤–Р–£вАУвА†104,304) up to –≤–Р–£вАУвА†250,000 (–≤–Р–£вАУвА†500,000) are taxed at 42%. Amounts over those are taxed at 45%. In addition to this there is the "solidarity surcharge" of 5.5% of the tax, to cover the costs of integrating the states of the former East Germany.

Anne :

Its the last line that tell you the surcharge is 5.5%

Customer:

does that apply to corporates?

Customer:

I guess so

Anne :

I'm checking

Anne :

Yes, it does apply to corporations

Anne :

See here:

Anne :

http://www.kpmg.com/BE/en/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/Documents/German-Tax-Card-2012-engl.pdf

Anne :

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer:

sorry but in which part of the last document I can see the 5.5%?

Anne :

Right hand side under "solidarity surcharge"

Anne :

I had to enlarge it to 170% to be able to read it

Customer:

ah ok

Anne :
Solidarity Surcharge

The solidarity surcharge is a supplementary tax to income tax and corporation tax

and amounts to 5.5 % of the assessed tax

Anne :

I think I'm glad I don't have to do German income taxes

Anne :

lol

Customer:

Ah ok, great!!

Customer:

yes, it seems terrible, I am glad I just need to do pricing! lol!!

Customer:

thank you very much I will give you the highest rate!

Customer:

very appreciated your help!

Anne :

Thank you so much

Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer