Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I received a tax refund check from State of California. How

long is the valid check...
I received a tax refund check from State of California. How long is the valid check valid for i.e. when is the latest I can deposit it?
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/20/2013
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Robin D. :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
The CA FTB refund checks are valid for 1 year from date of issue.

Robin D. :

A refund check, also known as a refund warrant is valid for one year from the issue date.
The warrant is considered out dated after these periods have elapsed. An out dated warrant is not negotiable, but the taxpayer may request a replacement check.

Robin D. :

My goal is to give you excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic request me again.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4