How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can two people, unmarried, living in an apartment claim EIC

This answer was rated:

Can two people, unmarried, living in an apartment claim EIC for 2 different children? We are unmarried but living together, we make almost exactly the same amount of money and share all the responsibilities pretty equally, we have 2 children. Can I claim 1 child and he claim the other child for the EIC with us both living in the same residence?

emc011075 :

Hi. Yes, you can. But only one of you can claim Head of household, usually the one with higher income. The other one will have to claim single with a dependent. If all rules are met ( you can both claim EITC.

emc011075 and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you