How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Am Head OF Household & My 21 Year Old Son Did Not Take Enough

This answer was rated:

I Am Head OF Household & My 21 Year Old Son Did Not Take Enough College Units To Be Classified As Student This Year. He Also Has A Job & Will make $14000 This Year,How Does This Affect My Taxes?

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.


Given the information you have provided you will not be able to claim your son as a dependent.Therefore you will lose the exemption for him as well as any credits related to him. He, however, will be able to claim himself.

CGCPA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you