How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1561
Experience:  22 years of tax preparation experience, including individual, trust, and estate returns.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I give myself paid holidays on a 1099-basis? I would

This answer was rated:

How do I give myself paid holidays on a 1099-basis? I would like to submit a proposal based on 1740 billable hours which was from a 1820/calendar year; 35-hr/weekly basis.

Arthur Rubin :

As a tax question, this has no answer. If you are an independent contractor, all payments (including reimbursements) should be reported on the 1099.

Arthur Rubin :

As a billing question, you can either request a certain number of days with pay in the contract, or adjust your payment rate to include the vacation.

Arthur Rubin :

I'm going to be offline for a bit; if you don't feel that I've supplied an adequate answer, you can opt me out. I should be able to check back every hour or so.

Arthur Rubin and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you