Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed bankruptcy for single member LLC, but since I filed

LLC tax together w...
I filed bankruptcy for single member LLC, but since I filed LLC tax together w. my individual tax return. Do I liable for personal liability since filed tax together?
8/5/2013
Richard, Tax Attorney
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good evening. Being able to treat your LLC as a disregarded entity and report its operations on your personal tax return is simply a tax accommodation. It does not impact the limited liability nature of the LLC which is established by state law. Thus, just because you report the operations of your LLC on your personal tax return, that does not make you personally liable for any of the debts and liabilities of your LLC. You are protected under state law from those liabilities.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Richard, Tax Attorney
Thanks so much for the positive rating and bonus! I appreciate your kindness and the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/
Richard, Tax Attorney