How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15432
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Regarding my tax exempt status with the golf course construction

This answer was rated:

Regarding my tax exempt status with the golf course construction and operation. Would my utilities such as electric, and telephones be tax free?

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,

(3) General Rule. Sales of gas, steam, electricity and heating fuel are generally taxable when sold to businesses. However, such sales may be exempt under M.G.L. c. 64H, § 6(qq), provided that both of the following requirements are met.

(a) the gas, steam, electricity or heating fuel must be solely for use by a qualifying small business;

(b) the small business for whose use the energy is purchased must have had gross income of less than $1,000,000 for the preceding calendar year, and must reasonably expect to have gross income of less than $1,000,000 for the current calendar year.

Robin D :

You would offer your ST 13 form for the exemption


Ok Thanks.

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you