Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I typed the question before. I am a retired elementary public

Customer Question
I typed the question before...
I typed the question before. I am a retired elementary public school teacher. I want to take money out of my stocks and bonds to pay unexpected bills. My broker suggested I have them take out taxes before they give me the money. (approx. 20% - he didn't seem sure)
How much should I have them take out for taxes before they give me the money? We have our tax forms from last year, and we will be making the same this year, plus the stocks and bonds we take out.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Tax
7/29/2013
Tax Professional: Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 years ago
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

I answered this question on your original post. I switched the response to another view, so you should be able to view the response now. If you would, please refer back to your original question. Let me know if you need anything further

Thanks again!

Where do I find the original post to find your response?

http://www.justanswer.com/tax/7wjei-retired-elementary-school-teacher-money.html

There's a link to your original question. IT should be visible there.

Let me know if you need anything further. Thanks again!
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney