Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I own an LLC taxed as S-Corp. The LLC has made no money. For

I own an LLC taxed...
I own an LLC taxed as S-Corp. The LLC has made no money. For 2012 taxes, a Sch C was filed instead of a 1120S. I want to dissolve the LLC this year and file final returns. Do I need to amend 2012 taxes to 1120S so I can file final 1120S?
7/29/2013
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

NPVAdvisor :

Yes, you have it ... otherwise, you'll get into a situation where you can't dissolve, because CA wants you to have all taxes, debts, filed, paid, etc. and part of that is that 1120-S with the "final return" box checked .... and if you file that one, IRS will come to you looking for last year's return

NPVAdvisor :

I still don't see you coming into the chat here ... I can move us to the "Q&A mode ... Maybe that will help

NPVAdvisor :

OK Moving us now (We can still continue a dialogue there, just not in real-time as we can here)

NPVAdvisor :

Let me now if you have further questions

NPVAdvisor :

But if this HAS helped, I would appreciate a feedback rating of 3 (OK) or better … That's the only way they will pay us here.

HOWEVER, if you need more on this, PLEASE COME BACK here, so you won't be charged for another question.

NPVAdvisor :

Let me know ...

NPVAdvisor :

Lane

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Thanks for the rating Toni.

Hope I've helped.

If you'd like to work with ME again, just say "For Lane only," at the beginning of your next question.

Thanks again!
Lane
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS