How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I handle "non-qualified" travel expenses for a C Corp. Basically

This answer was rated:

How do I handle "non-qualified" travel expenses for a C Corp.

Basically the CEO went on vacation and charged it to his credit card. Does that go under "Officer Compensation," or somewhere else?
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

In most cases, if it is a personal expense the payment is usually additional wages subject to FICA and medicare and will be reported on his/her or if the individual is the sole shareholder the payment could be a dividend and you will issue a 1099-DIV.
MequonCPA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you