Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do I handle "non-qualified" travel expenses for a C Corp. Basically

How do I handle "non-qualified"...
How do I handle "non-qualified" travel expenses for a C Corp.

Basically the CEO went on vacation and charged it to his credit card. Does that go under "Officer Compensation," or somewhere else?
7/27/2013
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

In most cases, if it is a personal expense the payment is usually additional wages subject to FICA and medicare and will be reported on his/her or if the individual is the sole shareholder the payment could be a dividend and you will issue a 1099-DIV.
MequonCPA
MequonCPA
MequonCPA