Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am an employee and sole shareholder of Corporation. It paid

Customer Question
me 30,000 and withheld FICA...
I am an employee and sole shareholder of Corporation. It paid me 30,000 and withheld FICA. I also have W2 wages from another job of 114,000 and withheld FICA. I know I can receive the overpayment of FICA back on my income tax return but how do I get the employer's part or is there a way?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Tax
7/25/2013
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 4 years ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

Anne :

Hi

Anne :

Thank you for your question

Anne :

You may only get a refund on your portion of the overpayment

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

Anne :

Lev?

Anne :

Hi Johnnnnnnnnn

Anne :

Looked like 2 experts were in here at the same time............

Anne :

As I posted above you may only claim the portion that you paid

Customer :

That's what I thought. Perhaps pay myself as independent cont and balance it on SE?

Anne :

What kind of Corp........C

Anne :

C corp or S Corp

Customer :

S, I think I know your answer

Customer :

maybe not

Anne :

S Corps are required to pay you in wages. You can not be self employed under the SCorp

Anne :

is that what you were expecting?

Customer :

ok, thanks

Anne :

You're most welcome

Anne :

Is there anything else I can help you with today??

Anne :

I truly hope this information is helpful but please do not rate until you are satisfied. If you want to click on 1 or 2 just click on the continue to work with me button instead. You will then be able to add any other info or respond to what I have posted so far. Rating 3-5 gives me credit and a good rating but you can still converse with me.

Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer