Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is there a statue of limitations in Texas on business personal

property taxes?...
Is there a statue of limitations in Texas on business personal property taxes?
7/24/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

The statute of limitations on personal property taxes in Texas is 4 years/

MyVirtualCPA :

You can read this in the code, here: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/TX/1/E/33/A/33.05

MyVirtualCPA :

I mean to say, the statute is 10 years, but they cannot seize assets and file a suit after it's 4 years delinquent

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with tonight?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Hello, Daniel

I see that we were having trouble in live chat. If you would, please review my response. If satisfied, rate me as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. If you need further information, please reply below. Thanks.
Thanks, Daniel for the opportunity to assist. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA any time you have a tax, finance, or social security need. It was a pleasure working with you today. Come back and see me soon!