Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

how to file US and California company payroll taxes online?

how does my company file...

how does my company file US and California Payroll taxes online? What are the filing dates/periods during the year?

7/16/2013
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
You need to use a provider to file employment tax returns. You may not file online directly with taxing authorites. While the IRS maintains Employment Tax e-file System - you still need to use an authorized provider. See mor einformation here - http://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals/e-File-Providers-&-Partners/Employment-Tax-e-file-System

Employment Tax Due Dates may be found on this page - http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Employment-Tax-Due-Dates

Required Filings and Due Dates for California - see here - http://www.edd.ca.gov/Payroll_Taxes/Required_Filings_and_Due_Dates.htm

Customer:

do you have a favorite among the providers?

Customer:

do the providers give me the ability to pay ALL payroll taxes? It looks like if I had payroll in May & June, I have until 7/31 for the Federal payment. Is that accurate? 7/31 for California, too?

LEV :

There is NO perferences. Generally all services which offer payroll also provide employment tax filing and allow to pay all required taxes via their system.
Due dates for payments are based on the amount of employment tax due.

LEV :

ADT is the largest provider. But there is no preferences - and you may use a local service if you prefer.

Just in case you were not able to use the chat - I am switching to Q&A mode and porting the answer below.
Please feel free to communicate if you need any clarification or have other tax related issues.

There is NO preferences. Generally all services which offer payroll also provide employment tax filing and allow to pay all required taxes via their system.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor