How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I take my 24 year daughter as an dependent if she goes

This answer was rated:

Can I take my 24 year daughter as an dependent if she goes to college full time, lives at home, and does not have a part-time job or any other income ???

MyVirtualCPA : Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.
MyVirtualCPA : yes you can claim your daughter provided you provide more than 1/2 of her support and she does not earn over 3,900 during the year
MyVirtualCPA : Please let me know if you need anything else. If not please rate as excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting today

I hope this applies in all states. I am concerned with the state of California. Thank you for your input, I will now file our return using your answer to the question. because our daughter received monies from a summer job and it paid her only $ 2145. We furnish all the support, home, car, etc. Thanks again.

Megan C and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you