Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Hello ,I get a royalty payment from chevron every month .I

pay tax on that money...
Hello ,I get a royalty payment from chevron every month .I pay tax on that money quarterly .A amount of 2468.97 Chevron is now taking out 369.35 for pipe line use leaving a payment of 2099.62 .Can I use that 369.35 as a tax deduction . Thank you
7/15/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If that amount is being taken from your royalty payment, you will not pay tax on that. You will only be responsible for tax on the net proceeds.

MyVirtualCPA :

So, you will only pay tax on $,2099.62 not the full amount

MyVirtualCPA :

as it is reduced by the $369.35

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today? If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.