How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you advise what percentage of Social Security Benefits

This answer was rated:

Can you advise what percentage of Social Security Benefits will be subject to State or Federal tax?
I am 67 years of age
retiring with estimated monthly SS Income $2,425.00, $29,100.00 per year
no other source of income
Male, Single, with no dependents

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If social security is your only source of income, you have no tax


Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I need to know! You made my day.

MyVirtualCPA :

Great! Please take a moment to rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Megan C and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you