Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

STATE OF LOUISIANA IS TRYING TO GET MORE MONEY FROM ME. BY

STATE OF LOUISIANA IS TRYING TO GET MORE MONEY FROM ME. BY THEIR ACCOUNT I OWE 382.56 WHICH HAS INTEREST AND PENALTIES. THEY STATED THE ALLOWED FEDERAL ITEMIZED DEDUCTION WAS CALCULATED INCORRECTLY AND HAS BEEN ADJUSTED ACCORDING TO THEY.
LOUISIANA INCOME TAX HAS BEEN ADJUSTED BASED ON ONE OR BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING: 1. TAX TABLE WAS USED INCORRECTLY 2. CORRECTIONS WERE MADE TO PREVIOUS LINE ITEMS.
OVERPAYMENT WAS CALCULATE INCORRECTLY AND HAS BEEN ADJUSTED. THIS WAS AFTER MY WIFE AND I HAD A PROFESSIONAL CHECK OUR 08, 09,10 TAX RETURNS IN 2011. SHOULD I PAY THE FINE OR HAVE THEM CONTACT THE TAX PERSON WHO REDID
THE TAX RETURNS. THEY ONLY ALLOWS ME A SHORT PERIOD TO SEND A DISAGREEMENT OR PAY IN THIRTY DAYS.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

I would contact the professional who did your taxes in the year of the adjustment and show them the notice from the IRS

MyVirtualCPA :

Have the professional either verify that the information on the notice is correct, and if incorrect then you know that you truly do owe the amount.

MyVirtualCPA :

But I would definitely have your tax pro look over the notice

Customer:

THANK YOU! I FIGURED THATS IS WHAT I HAD TO DO. I CALL HER ONCE BEFORE , SHE DID NOT CALL BACK. BUT I WILL GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY.

MyVirtualCPA :

I would. She should be able to help you. Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Customer:

NO

MyVirtualCPA :

Okay great. If you would, please rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Hello, August

I enjoyed our chat. If you would, please take a moment to rate our response as "excellent' so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer