Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My husband and I are paying $150.00 per month due to a mistake

on our 2010 taxes....
My husband and I are paying $150.00 per month due to a mistake on our 2010 taxes. I received the monthly letter with envelope, etc (we've been paying for about a year now) but I cannot find it. I'm not even sure about which address accompanied our monthly payment. Can I send the money in a regular envelope and can you give me the proper address?
7/12/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

Please make sure that you write your social security number, tax year (2010) and tax form (1040) on the memo line of your check.

MyVirtualCPA :

Where you send payments to depends on where you live, and if you were self employed or employed.

MyVirtualCPA :

You can CLICK HERE for the IRS addresses. If either you or your husband were self employed, use the self employed mailing addresses.

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

MyVirtualCPA :

Oh - I will add that you can use your own envelope for mailing, you do not have to have a special envelope from the IRS

Customer:

Thanks so much!

Linda,

I see you had trouble accessing our live chat. I will paste the contents for you below:

MyVirtualCPA says:

Please let me know if you require further assistance. If not, please rate my response as "excellent' so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Linda,

I received an email that you replied, although I cannot view your follow up question. Our site has technical difficulties today.

Could you please enter it in below?

Thanks!