Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I just discovered a mistake on my 941 4Q 2012. I allocated

too much for the Social...
I just discovered a mistake on my 941 4Q 2012. I allocated too much for the Social Security and Medicare contributions, and too little for individual income tax. When corrected the total amount to pay/deposit is the same. Do I need to file a 941x for this, even if the total amount paid is neither an underpayment or overpayment?
7/11/2013
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
There are specifics reasons when a 941X is not required. If your only errors on Form 941 relate to the number of employees who received wages or to federal tax liabilities reported on Form 941, Part 2, or on Schedule B (Form 941), do not file Form 941-X.

Customer:

Because the error is in part 1, do I need to file a 941x?

Robin D :

Yes

Customer:

Thanks.

Robin D :

You are welcome

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4