How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15185
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wanted to transfer funds from the USA to S.A through Bank of America

This answer was rated:

I wanted to transfer funds from the USA to S.A through Bank of America during Feb.2013 and the funds was freezed by the irs and ordered me to pay tax on my funds. I paid the funds during March to Newedge Inc. NY. as ordered by the irs but since then I don't get any answers to when my funds will be released can you help me with this.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
Your question is a little confusing. First, the IRS generally will levy an account or order that taxes are withheld on money distributed to a Nonresident Alien of the US. Paying Newedge Inc. NY would not be the same as paying tax to the IRS or having an amount withheld. I would be under the impression that this was eother not for tax or teh comapny you mention has not followed the correct rules under US tax.
Second, you state that I have called the Senior Compliance Officer in NY and she can't help me.I called Washington Office and they can't help me. If the Bank of America is holding your money then the Bank of America may be under orders by the IRS to levy the account. If that is so then they will not release the money in the account. If the IRS has not ordered a levy for taxation then this is not a tax situation.

Robin D :

You can call the IRS directly and ask if they have placed a levy on your account. The number for overseas taxpayers is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

JACUSTOMER-3n5n9py5- :

The irs have issued a Stop and Freeze order notice (file nr.irs-8798-015) a capital gains tax on the attempt to transfer funds offshore. I was ordered to pay U$D11,700-00 . I paid the amount as ordered during March 2013 and I filled in a W7 form .As stated on the freeze order notice in complying the irs will issue a tax clearance and release order will be issued within 3-5 banking days.The IRS did not deliver as promised. I want to know what have happened to my application W7 and why do they not release my funds as I have comply to their demands.

Robin D :

If you are outside the United States, call(NNN) NNN-NNNN(not a toll-free number) for information and help in completing your Form W-7 and your tax return or to check on the status of your application if it has been six weeks since submitting Form W-7.

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I feel you did not help me at all can you refund me please.

Customer Service handles any sort of refund for Just Answer customers.
I will send them your request.