Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If Ipurchased one thousad bookks, that I injoyed reading,

If Ipurchased one thousad...
If Ipurchased one thousad bookks, that I injoyed reading, and I then sent those books to hospitals,retirerment home and schools at no cost to them. Could I then write the purchase off as a tax deduction.
7/8/2013
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Yes, you would be entitled to a tax deduction. However, your contribution deduction would be limited to the lower of the cost or fair market value of the now used books. You would also need a valuation and receipt document from the recipient(s) of your donation.

CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA
CGCPA
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA