Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I owe back taxes in california currently live in Arizona and

umemployed what can they have...
I owe back taxes in california currently live in Arizona and umemployed what can they have requested bank statements which my bank charged me for recently..
7/4/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

Could you please clarify your question?

Customer:

I would like to know what Ca tax board can. Like take my stereo or belongings. I am currently on unemployment

Customer:

What should I do?

MyVirtualCPA :

I would work with a CPA or EA in your area to come up with an Offer in Compromise for your tax debt

Customer:

I can not afford a cpa . any suggestions?

MyVirtualCPA :

You can prepare an offer in compromise yourself, but it is a confusing process. It's best if you find an affordable tax professional, you don't have to have a CPA you can get an EA which may be less costly

MyVirtualCPA :

Would you like some links regarding the offer in compromise process?

Customer:

yes

MyVirtualCPA :

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/bills_and_notices/OIC.shtml

MyVirtualCPA :

There's a link about the process of offer in compromise.

MyVirtualCPA :

The form itself is https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/misc/4905pit.PDF

Customer:

thanks

MyVirtualCPA :

This will allow you to settle your debt for less than you owe. If you are unemployed and have very little assets chances are pretty good you can negotiate a good payment

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Customer:

No, Thanks for your help

MyVirtualCPA :

Have I provided you with Excellent Service today?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com

Customer:

Yes Thanks

MyVirtualCPA :

Please take a moment to rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today